Such Tv Arabic
20 November 2017 Last updated 30 minutes ago

Cadet college student returns after treatment in the US

Muhammad Ahmed Hussain went to US on February 13 Muhammad Ahmed Hussain went to US on February 13

The student who was tortured at Cadet college in Larkana has finally returned to Karachi from the United States (US) after undergoing a complex airway reconstruction surgery.

Ahmed Hussain, accompanied by his father, reached Karachi late Sunday night and was received by hundreds of well-wishers at the airport. During his six-month stay in the US, Ahmed underwent 14 major and minor surgeries at Children’s Hospital Medical Centre in Cincinnati, Ohio under the supervision of Dr Michael Rutter, who is the director of clinical research at the hospital’s paediatric otolaryngology division – head and neck surgery.

“It has made me hopeful because of the way doctors in US have treated my only son and now he can live a better life,” Ahmed’s father, Muhammad Rashid Mashori told. He added that the prayers of the entire nation accompanied him throughout his stay for six months.

Mashori added that his son has almost completely recovered. However, he added, Ahmed needs speech, physical and occupational therapy as his voice is not yet clear and needs further improvement.

“I am satisfied with my treatment and I am thankful to all those who supported my father during my treatment,” the young student said, who went to the US on February 13. Ahmed said he wants to continue his studies and that no one has the right to mistreat young students, as it leaves a bitter mark on their personality.

Ahmed, along with his father and sister, also met Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Sunday afternoon at CM House and thanked him for extending his support. The CM directed education department to make arrangements for Ahmed’s education in Karachi.

Fourteen-year-old Ahmed was left critically injured after being subjected to torture on August 10 last year at the boarding school in Larkana. The incident was highlighted by the local media in November last year, after which the CM took action and formed a medical board, which confirmed that the child had actually been tortured and he should be sent to the US for treatment. The CM also announced Rs50million for his treatment.