Four fire tenders extinguished fire at a plastic factory in Tando Agha neighborhood of Hyderabad after hours long firefighting.
The blaze erupted at the plastic factory in a street in Tando Agha, said to be result of electricity short circuit.
The plastic factory was said to be built illegally at a house in a narrow alley of the neighborhood.
The fire went out of control and spread to adjacent school building and a biscuit factory due to delay in arrival of fire engines to control and douse the blaze.
The fire tenders put out the fire after four hours struggle.
The cooling process has been underway at the place of fire, officials said.
The blaze burnt almost entire plastic factory and the premises of the biscuit factory, however, the school building suffered partial damage in the incident.
No official of local administration reached to the spot of fire and local people on self help basis extended assistance to the firefighting personnel.
Recently fire erupted at an arms godown at Abdullah Haroon Road in Saddar area of Karachi, was doused by the personnel of fire brigade.
Numerous air guns and dummy weapons were reportedly gutted in the fire.
Two fire brigade vehicles rushed to the site after being informed and extinguished the blaze .