Fire erupted in a superstore near EOBI House on Shahra-e-Faisal in the city Thursday morning.
According to reports, fire broke out in the store’s basement and spread in the store.
Subsequently, five fire tenders were sent to the site where firefighters were busy putting out the blaze till this report was filed.
The cause of the fire has not been ascertained yet. However, such incidents are often a result of short-circuits.
In July, six firefighters were injured when fire broke out in a foam-manufacturing factory situated in SITE area of the city.
The residents had said fire broke out early in the morning but was completely doused by a fire brigade but it erupted again later in the day.
Nearly fifty per cent of the building was razed to the ground by the inferno, as 17 fire tenders, a snorkel, and a water bowser tried to douse the blaze.
Earlier this year in May, a one-year-old was burnt to death after a fire sparked in an unregulated settlement in Karachi's Gulshan-e-Iqbal vicinity.
Six fire trucks were able to contain the fire which was set due to a cylinder explosion, however, the blaze left affected more than 200 shacks near a railway track in Block 13C of Gulshan-e-Iqbal.