The Supreme Court on Monday declared all the examinations and interviews held under Sindh Public Service Commission (SPSC) during 2013 to 2016 null and void.
Disposing off a suo moto notice on anomalies in appointments of the commission's members, Justice Mazhar Aalam read the statement.
The suo motu case was initiated on an application sent to the chief justice by Advocate Mohammad Junaid Farooqui challenging the eligibility of the chairman as well as of eight members of the SPSC on the grounds that they did not possess the required qualification for the posts.
The case was decided by a three-member bench last month and the decision was reserved.
The decision said that all the candidates who appeared in the SPSC examinations during the said period will have to appear again.
During the period, 27,000 candidates had appeared in the examinations, out of which 644 cleared the examinations, subsequently 227 candidates were declared successful in interviews.
The SPSC chairman and five members had resigned following the suo moto notice.
Earlier, on October 17, 2016, a three-judge Supreme Court bench headed by Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali had restrained the SPSC from making fresh appointments of new provincial government employees pending decision of the court.